A Foundation of Good Nutrition
At the conception of BrightPath, we knew we needed to incorporate healthy nutrition into our way of life. As we considered our vision to raise the standard of early learning and childcare in Canada, we wanted to provide families with an alternative to the suboptimal unhealthy foods often provided to children.
From the beginning, we have worked with a Registered Dietitian to create a menu that would provide children with the foundation of good nutrition essential for learning, growth and development. Since your child may be consuming over three-quarters of his or her meals and snacks under our care, we make sure to provide the variety and balance key to achieve required daily nutrients.
Why Nutrition Matters
Nutrition is essential to fuel optimal growth and development and for kids to reach their full potential. Food choices during childhood also lay the foundation for lifelong eating habits into adolescence and adulthood.
Research shows that your child's eating habits and nutritional status is linked to behavior, academic performance and self-esteem. Nutrition is connected to brain development and the ability to learn.
Poor nutrient intakes and eating habits during the first two decades of life has been shown in research to increase the risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer and obesity later in life.
Our Healthy Menu
Here are 10 things you should know about our menu:
- Designed with the latest nutrition research and government standards recommended for children.
- Created with child development in mind to allow children the appropriate progression in learning to feed and nourish themselves.
- Made from scratch using fresh ingredients.
- Includes a variety of choices kids love while increasing the exposure to new foods.
- Rotated on a 4 week basis and modified every winter and summer.
- Lunch includes foods from all 4 of the food groups from Canada's Food Guide.
- Snacks include foods from at least 2 of the food groups from Canada's Food Guide.
- Absolutely nut free and adaptable to allergy concerns and needs.
- A daily vegetarian meal option is always available.
- Certified by a Registered Dietitian (Andrea Holwegner, President of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc.).
To view the current menu please click here.