Much of a child’s cognitive development happens during their years in early education. By taking an active role in the early childhood education process, parents and families can help ensure that their children have all the support they need to develop to their full potential. Family involvement in the early years helps extend learning outside the child care environment, creates a more positive experience for children, and helps children perform better when they move up to grade school.
Families who are in tune with what is happening in their child’s learning environment are better able to establish a connection between what is learned in care and what takes place in the home.
Having a family communication app such as BrightPath Connect can help with ensuring you are kept up to date with the learning outcomes and milestones being reached in your children’s child care environment.
Digital Communication with Your Child’s Educators
It should come as no surprise that digital communication is rapidly becoming the preferred way for people to interact. According to the HiMama Parent Satisfaction Report, most modern families have little to no experience doing things the “old-fashioned” way: phone calls, in-person meetings, paper reports. The pandemic has unveiled how necessary it is to communicate digitally.
We all have personal experiences with digital communication, and while there is always a learning curve when adopting a new platform, doing so can make our days much easier to manage. Through the BrightPath Connect app, you can communicate with your child care centre team and receive updates about your child’s day in real time, so you never miss any special moments!
Getting visibility into your child’s development can be difficult, especially when educators are focused on providing children with the highest quality care and education. But with BrightPath Connect, you receive daily reports on your child’s progress, and you can even communicate directly with your child’s educators and receive texts, videos, and photos of your child, all through the app*!
*Please note that educators can send updates to families directly through the app, and families can send messages to educators, but educators do not respond back to messages directly. However, when updated, centre directors can respond back to families.
Understanding Your Child’s Progress Report
Educators typically assess a child in the following areas:
- Social development helps foster conflict-resolution skills, along with communication skills.
- Emotional development helps establish healthy relationships with peers and adults and contributes to self-confidence and positive self-esteem.
- Cognitive development involves developing skills such as attention and critical thinking.
- Gross and fine motor development includes hand-eye coordination and independence with certain self-help skills such as buttoning or using a zipper.
- Language and literacy development covers verbal and non-verbal communication and a growing interest in books.
Billing and Payments
As a parent, it can be frustrating managing the payment of all of the various bills in your life. The last thing you need is to manually keep track of and remember daycare payments, especially for multiple children!
Millennial families prefer the convenience of managing finances using their smartphones or computer. And it’s not just one or two bills that they generally pay online — 60% of parents pay at least half of their bills digitally. And they prefer it that way! The great news is that you can pay your child care payments with ease through the BrightPath Connect app.
The benefits of online payment processing through BrightPath Connect include:
- The ability to pay a child’s tuition invoices online using a credit card or bank transfer.
- Enable automatic payments so you can set it and forget it, making sending a child to childcare easier than ever.
- Keep track of previous payments made and view past invoices.
- Have peace of mind that any payment processing partners handle your data at the highest level of compliance.
- Collect rewards/points on a preferred credit card.
Make the Most of Your BrightPath Connect App
Ensure you invite other friends and family, such as grandparents, to view the app and be involved in your child’s daily developmental milestones, even from afar.
Studies show that when parents and families are actively involved with their child’s early childhood education, they are more likely to stay involved when their child enters elementary school.
Are you interested in more insights into what matters most to families? See what the HiMama team found in their Childcare Parent Satisfaction Report.