BrightPath Kids is one of Canada’s largest childcare providers. We currently have over 78+ childcare centres across Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia and we are still growing. Our childhood educators build a caring & nurturing relationship with each child to provide a high quality childcare. We are always looking to add talented, energetic, positive, honest, and fun people to our team.
This position will coordinator will carry out the preparation of food and coordinating for catering for the children in the centre. Working as part of a team to create a safe, caring, and educational place for children, so being aware of all children with food allergies is a top priority.
This opportunity is a steady part-time position with our ABC Leaside location at 235 McRae Dr, East York.
Our Employees enjoy:
- A one-time $350 signing bonus after 3 months of employment
- A competitive compensation package, including group benefits & paid sick leave
- A 20 % discount on childcare for Full-time Staff
- Ongoing training and development and great career opportunities.
- A long-term position
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and ordering kitchen supplies
- Prepare or order meals as per centre requirements
- Assist staff with serving food; carrying trays to the classrooms and clean-up
- Wash dishes and equipment as required
- Responsible for the safety in the kitchen environment
- Communicating with Educators and Management about children’s diets
- Strong commitment to self-improvement and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Verifying delivery ensuring all items are accounted for
- Managing Dietary Restrictions
- Communicating with catering company if anything is missing from delivery
- Ensuring food arrives and is kept at appropriate temperatures.
- Added cleaning and help around the centre
To be Successful at BrightPath you Need:
- 1-3 years’ experience cooking for groups;
- A strong work ethic;
- To be reliable, punctual, and responsible;
- The Ability to stay positive under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective time management skills;
- Food Handling Certificate;
- RECE Certification would be considered an asset;
- A current Criminal Check & Vulnerable Sector screening;
- A current Standard First Aid and Level C CPR
- Up to date immunization and Health assessment as per the local Minister of Health Requirements.
Join the BrightPath team today!
…the Journey begins here