Imagine a career where you can positively impact the future of children. We desire people who want more than a job, we are looking for exceptional, engaged, excited and dedicated educators.
BrightPath Kids is hiring talented Cook to prepare meals for our 255 Queen Street,location in Brampton.
To carry out the preparation of food for the children in the service, working as part of a team to create a safe, caring, and educational place for children. The cook must treat every child with respect and be aware of all children with food allergies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize orders for bulk food buying, weekly and daily shopping of fresh food
- Maintaining and ordering kitchen supplies
- Prepare meals as per centre requirements
- Assist staff with serving food; carrying trays to the classrooms and clean-up
- Wash dishes and equipment as required
- Responsible for the safety in the kitchen environment
- Communicating with Educators and Management about children’s diets
- Caring and friendly attitude towards staff, children, and parents
- Strong commitment to self-improvement and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
To be Successful at BrightPath you Need:
- 1-3 years’ experience cooking for groups;
- A strong work ethic;
- To be reliable, punctual, and responsible;
- The Ability to stay positive under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective time management skills;
- Culinary Degree is an Asset – training is available;
- Food Handling Certificate;
- RECE Certification would be considered an asset;
- A current Criminal Check & Vulnerable Sector screening;
- A current Standard First Aid and Infant Child CPR; and
- Up to date immunization and Health assessment as per the local Minister of Health Requirements
Join the BrightPath team today!
……the Journey begins here.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.