The Lead Cook is responsible for the preparation of food for the children in the centre, working as part of a team to create a safe, caring, and educational place for children. The cook must treat every child with respect and be aware of all children with food allergies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize orders for bulk food buying, weekly and daily shopping and fresh food
- Maintaining and ordering kitchen supplies
- Prepare meals as per centre requirements
- Assist staff with serving food; carrying trays to the classrooms
- Clearing away after meals
- Wash dishes and equipment as required
- Responsible for the safety in the kitchen environment
- Communicating with Room Leaders with regard to the particular diets
- Caring and friendly towards staff, children and parents
- Committed member of the BrightPath Kids staff
- 1 – 3 years’ experience cooking for large groups
- Food Handling Certificate
- CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- **Child Development Certification would be an asset
- Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening
Our Team members enjoy:
- A competitive compensation package, including group benefits & paid sick leave
- A 40 % discount on childcare
- A Tuition Reimbursement Program to support and encourage professional growth
- Ongoing training and development and great career opportunities.
- A long-term position
Join the BrightPath team today!
…the journey begins here
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.