BrightPath Kids is one of Canada’s largest childcare providers. We currently have over 78+ childcare centres across Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia and we are still growing. Our childhood educators build a caring & nurturing relationship with each child to provide a high quality childcare. We are always looking to add talented, energetic, positive, honest, and fun people to our team.
The Cook will carry out the preparation of food for the children in the service, working as part of a team to create a safe, caring, and educational place for children. The cook must treat every child with respect and be aware of all children with food allergies. The Cook will work out of our Bolten Centre located at 14 McEwan Dr W, Bolton, ON.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize orders for bulk food buying, weekly and daily shopping of fresh food
- Maintaining and ordering kitchen supplies
- Prepare meals as per centre requirements
- Assist staff with serving food; carrying trays to the classrooms and clean-up
- Wash dishes and equipment as required
- Responsible for the safety in the kitchen environment
- Communicating with Educators and Management about children’s diets
- Caring and friendly attitude towards staff, children, and parents
- Strong commitment to self-improvement and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
To be Successful at BrightPath you Need:
- 1-3 years’ experience cooking for groups;
- A strong work ethic;
- To be reliable, punctual, and responsible;
- The Ability to stay positive under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective time management skills;
- Culinary Degree is an Asset – training is available;
- Food Handling Certificate;
- RECE Certification would be considered an asset;
- A current Criminal Check & Vulnerable Sector screening;
- A current Standard First Aid and Infant Child CPR; and
- Up to date immunization and Health assessment as per the local Minister of Health Requirements.
Our Full-time Employees enjoy:
- A competitive compensation package, including group benefits & paid sick leave
- A 40 % discount on childcare
- A Tuition Reimbursement Program to support and encourage professional growth
- Ongoing training and development and great career opportunities.
- A long-term position