BrightPath Kids is hiring a Centre Director for their Milrise Centre located in Calagary, AB !
The successful candidate will assist in making sure the center runs smoothly, efficiently, professionally, while working as part of a team to create a safe, caring, and educational place for children.
This position is a on year contract.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Administration & Financial
· Maintain centre expenses and labour costs within the approved budget.
· Responsible for the collection of fees.
· Ensure all parent accounts in Daycare Works are correct.
· Take enrollments and enquiries and follow these up appropriately.
· Ensure that staff records are kept up to date and remain current (Criminal Checks & Vulnerable Sector).
· Complete monthly reports, claims, and monitor childcare subsidy expiry dates maintain documentation to support accreditation portfolios and evidence.
· Ensure the physical environment is monitored and maintained to meet fire, regional public health, Ministry of education & safety standards and policies.
· Ensure outstanding accounts are collected.
· Ensure centre records are always up to date, as per Legislation and Company Policies.
· Ensure staff get information and opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills (first aid, fire safety, food safety course, required courses for higher levels or training).
· Ensure personnel hired have been interviewed and thoroughly screened (police check and vulnerable sector search, references checked, etc.) before they begin working.
· Monitor and manage the menus at the centre ensuring a nutritional menu is provided each day.
· Oversee and assist in the programming and observations etc. of each group in compliance with BrightPath’s Curriculum and in co-operation with Educational Coaches.
· Ensure all new parents and children are orientated into the centre upon enrollment.
· Hold regular staff, group leader and assistant meetings to ensure open communication channels display a positive, supportive attitude to all staff members.
· Hold Parent/Staff meeting to provide opportunities to evaluate centre programs and gain valuable input.
· Write newsletters informing parents of centre events.
· Conduct annual performance reviews on all staff, including the “Staff/Child Interaction Scale”.
Working with Families
· Communicate effectively with parents.
· Promote the quality care and education within the centre.
· Oversee children’s well-being key support person to parents.
- BEd with a focus on early childhood or Early Childhood Educator Level 3 Certification;
- Minimum 2 years’ management experience in childcare;
- CPR/First Aid Certificate;
- Current Criminal History Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Intermediate skills of the Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel);
- Experience working with ADP and DCW would be an asset; and
- Safe Food Handling would be an asset.
Our employees enjoy:
- A competitive compensation package, including group benefits & paid sick leave
- A 40 % discount on childcare
- A Tuition Reimbursement Program to support and encourage professional growth
- Ongoing training and development and great career opportunities.
- A long-term position