Position: Centre Director
Start Date: September 1, 2021 (1 Year Maternity Leave Coverage)
Location: Creekside Centre, 12630 Symons Valley Road NW, Calgary, AB
To ensure the centre runs smoothly, efficiently, professionally, and working as part of a team to create a safe, caring, and
educational place for children.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Administration & Financial
- Maintain centre expenses and labour costs within the approved budget.
- Responsible for the collection of fees.
- Ensure all parent accounts in Daycare Works are correct.
- Take enrollments and enquiries and follow these up appropriately.
- Ensure that staff records are kept up to date and remain current (Criminal Checks & Vulnerable Sector).
- Complete monthly reports, claims, and monitor childcare subsidy expiry dates maintain documentation to support
- accreditation portfolios and evidence.
- Ensure the physical environment is monitored and maintained to meet fire, regional public health, Ministry of
- Education & safety standards and policies.
- Ensure outstanding accounts are collected.
- Ensure centre records are always up to date, as per Legislation and Company Policies.
- Ensure staff get information and opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills (first aid, fire safety, food safety
- course, required courses for higher levels or training).
- Ensure personnel hired have been interviewed and thoroughly screened (police check and vulnerable sector search,
- references checked, etc.) before they begin working.
- Monitor and manage the menus at the centre ensuring a nutritional menu is provided each day.
•Oversee and assist in the programming and observations etc. of each group in compliance with BrightPath’s Curriculum and in co-operation with Educational Coaches.
• Ensure all new parents and children are orientated into the centre upon enrollment.
• Hold regular staff, group leader and assistant meetings to ensure open communication channels display a positive,
supportive attitude to all staff members.
• Hold Parent/Staff meeting to provide opportunities to evaluate centre programs and gain valuable input.
• Write newsletters informing parents of centre events.
• Conduct annual performance reviews on all staff, including the “Staff/Child Interaction Scale”.
Working with Families
•Communicate effectively with parents.
• Promote the quality care and education within the centre.
• Oversee children’s well-being key support person to parents.
• BEd with a focus on early childhood or Early Childhood Educator Level 3 Certification;
• Minimum 2 years’ management experience in childcare;
• CPR/First Aid Certificate;
• Current Criminal History Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search;
• Intermediate skills of the Microsoft Office
Join the BrightPath team today!
…the Journey begins here
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.