Imagine a career where you can positively impact the future of children. We are looking for more than just your education and qualifications. We desire people who want more than a job, we are looking for exceptional, engaged, excited and dedicated educators.
BrightPath Kids is seeking a dedicated Assistant Centre Director for our ABC Wanless location on 18 Melrose Ave, Toronto, ON.
Role & Responsibilities:
To ensure the centre runs smoothly, efficiently, professionally, and working as part of a team to create a safe, caring, and educational place for children. This particular role would assist the Centre Director in carry out their duties at our Kitchener Centre .
- Ensure all new parents and children are orientated into the centre upon enrollment.
- Hold regular staff, group leader and assistant meetings to ensure open communication channels display a positive, supportive attitude to all staff members.
- Hold Parent/Staff meeting to provide opportunities to evaluate centre programs and gain valuable input.
- Conduct annual performance reviews on all staff, including the “Staff/Child Interaction Scale”.
- Ensure good communication with parents and administrate our Daycare Works Parental Accounts
- Take enrollments and enquiries and follow these up appropriately.
- Complete monthly reports, claims, and monitor childcare subsidy expiry dates maintain documentation to support accreditation portfolios and evidence.
- Ensure the physical environment is monitored and maintained to meet fire, regional public health, Ministry of education & safety standards and policies.
- Ensure centre records are always up to date, as per Legislation and Company Policies.
- Actively train & coach staff get information and opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills (first aid, fire safety, food safety course, required courses for higher levels or training).
- Ensure that staff records are kept up to date and remain current (Criminal Checks & Vulnerable Sector).
- Monitor and manage the menus at the centre ensuring a nutritional menu is provided each day.
- Oversee and assist in the programming and observations etc. of each group in compliance with BrightPath’s Curriculum and in co-operation with Educational Coaches.
- Ensure that all programming and observations for class groups meet all Ministry of Education Accreditation and Licensing Standards.
Our Full-Time employees enjoy:
- A competitive compensation package, including group benefits & paid sick leave
- A 20 % discount on childcare for their children
- A Tuition Reimbursement Program to support and encourage professional growth
- Ongoing training and development and great career opportunities.
- A long-term position
The Ideal Candidate would have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Licensing and Accreditation Regulations.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience in childcare.
- Experience working with preschool age children and has relevant knowledge of programming and curriculum.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management including budget development and review of expenditure against budget, utilization, and staffing levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with respect to families, program educators, volunteers, and others.
- Develops and fosters relationships with parents and educators.
- A Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) Must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of ECE.
- A current Criminal Check & Vulnerable Sector screening.
- Current Standard First Aid and Infant Child CPR.
- Up to date immunization and Health assessment as per the local Minister of Health Requirements
Join the BrightPath team today!
…the Journey begins here
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.