On a cold winter day, nothing is better than sitting down with your family and enjoying a holiday classic together. What goes better with a movie than popcorn, so here the recipe for our festive spin on popcorn.
Yield: about 8 servings
1 bag (3.5 oz) microwave popcorn
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
Small colorful candies, if desired
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Microwave bag of microwave popcorn as directed on bag; remove and discard unpopped kernels.
- Empty jar of marshmallow creme into medium microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on
- High about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted.
- Shake popcorn into marshmallow creme, being careful not to add unpopped kernels. Stir gently until coated.
- Spread popcorn on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with candies.
- Bake about 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes, until marshmallow coating is dry.
- Cool completely on cookie sheet on cooling rack, about 30 minutes; break up large pieces.